[This unedited press release is made available courtesy of Gamasutra and its partnership with notable game PR-related resource Games Press.]
Today we invite you to discover the epic fantasy world of Empire of Ember, the first person action-RPG that blends real-time strategy and management elements, in its dev blog series that introduces us to the world of the game and its main gameplay mechanics. For the last 7 weeks, indie studio Poleaxe Games has been showcasing different aspects of the game’s development and features, such as the short-term roadmap, highlights, storyline, build mode and commander mode.
Empire of Ember is available on Steam Early Access, and since its release on March 31st has received many updates -- both aimed at improving its performance and implementing new content and features. You can follow the progress and check out all past and future Dev Blogs on the Steam Community of the studio.
ABOUT EMPIRE OF EMBER
Empire of Ember is a first-person action-RPG with real-time strategy and management elements that takes place in the fantastical world of Domus. You will step in the boots of a Lightbringer, a human sensitive to the mystical Ember shards, which grant the use of magic. As a Lightbringer apprentice, you inherit rule over a city after a goblin army led by a mysterious masked cultist destroys it and kills your master. You will need to bring your town back to prosperity while investigating the strange events behind your master’s murder -- which will lead you to uncover a death cult that threatens to destroy the very foundations of the world. Fight thrilling battles of up to a hundred units in fully destructible environments, explore a world of procedurally generated maps and dungeons, build and customise your town with total freedom, and govern and manage your resources wisely to bring your city back to life. The fate of the Empire is in your hands!
- Dual wield spells and weaponry in first-person thrilling battles of up to a hundred units. Fight directly where you are most needed, or command your soldiers using real-time strategy mechanics for more tactical encounters
- Build, design and customise your city completely with a library of over 2,500 assets
- Defend your own fully destructible 3D town and raze enemy cities to the ground
- Explore the procedurally generated world of Domus. Maps and dungeons will keep on changing with each new campaign and save file
- Manage your economy, resources and hold court to make decisions that will change the story and lead to different game endings
You can contact us at [email protected].
ABOUT POLEAXE GAMES LLC
Poleaxe Games LLC is an indie studio based in Florida, founded by Kevin Jenkins in 2017. Kevin started this self-funded project working in secret and set the grounds of his debut game: Empire of Ember. Four years later, his small development team is still working hard to implement new content after the Early Access release of the game on March 31st.