The Gamasutra Job Board is the most diverse, active and established board of its kind for the video game industry!
Here is just one of the many, many positions being advertised right now.
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Housemarque has a track record of 20+ years of developing top-notch games with focus on tight gameplay, impeccable audiovisual execution, and technical excellence.
We think we are a perfect workplace for talented people with interest in self-development and passion for games. We are working on exceptional new projects and we want you to play a part in making them happen.
Our company’s purpose is to:
- Be a great workplace, where people can develop professionally and as a person
- Develop great games that bring joy & happiness to gamers and our fans
- Exciting and ambitious projects executed with the best tools
- Over two decades of experience in video game development
- Brilliant, diverse and empathetic colleagues to work with
- Freedom, flexibility and openness in a collaborative culture
- A warm and welcoming atmosphere at our cozy Helsinki office
- Competitive salary, benefits, healthcare, Nordic work-life balance
- Tailored relocation package to help you get settled into Finland
The ideal candidate will have a strong game design background, multiple game credits and a passion for shipping high-quality products with a fun, collaborative team. Candidate should have phenomenal communication skills, proven leadership experience, a strong design background, and a stellar track record of shipping AAA games.
- Partner with the Game Director and team leadership to define the creative vision and direction for our project.
- Help steer strategic creative decisions and ensure consistency of vision with all efforts related to the project.
- Assess the workload vs. production capacity, plan the work, and set priorities for the game design team.
- Communicate the project objectives, strategies, and general information to all team members so as to give visibility to the advancement of the development of the game and the other crafts.
- Mentoring other members of the design team, helping them to improve and grow.
- Clearly define and champion high standards of production quality for all design work.
- Create a work environment that is motivating for team members and which fosters development and creation.
- 7+ years professional game development experience
- Shipped at least 2 AAA titles on any platform
- Expertise using Unreal Engine 4 or similar
- Ability to direct, collaborate, and speak critically on story, art, and content development
- Excellent sense for game design and creating outstanding user experiences
- Proven ability to carry complete designs from high-level concepts to high-quality execution
- Positive team-oriented attitude with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Leadership ability, strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Proactive and self-motivated. Comfortable working without direct supervision
- Strong ability to diagnose not-quite-working designs and prescribe elegant solutions
- Must be able to accept critique of your work and have the ability to embrace change
- Familiarity with our previous games
Interested? Apply now.
About the Gamasutra Job Board
Whether you're just starting out, looking for something new, or just seeing what's out there, the Gamasutra Job Board is the place where game developers move ahead in their careers.
Gamasutra's Job Board is the most diverse, most active, and most established board of its kind in the video game industry, serving companies of all sizes, from indie to triple-A.
Looking for a new job? Get started here. Are you a recruiter looking for talent? Post jobs here.